Sunday, June 15, 2008

Encouragement by Comments

On Wednesday Night, We would LOVE to shower our team with words of prayer and encouragement from YOU, parents, friends, prayer warriors, and possibly even complete strangers.

I would love for as many of you as possible to leave a short comment with one of the following...

1. How you are specifically praying.
2. A word of encouragement.
3. A word of exhortation or challenge.
4. A passage of Scripture.

All you have to do is click here to leave the comment. You don't have to have a blog to leave a comment. Be sure to leave your name, and keep the comment brief and directed toward the team!

Thanks for praying for the team. YOU are as much a part of this experience as THEY are!!!

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BY 9:00 PM TUESDAY NIGHT!!! Thanks so much again for your support.

34 comments:

Jodie said...

Kelsey & Kara Kaiser,
I've been thinking and praying for you this week. I'm so proud of you both. Lots of Love!!
Jodie Roose

Tammy Showalter said...

God Bless each and every one of you. Touch as many lives as you can and bring you all home safely.
(We Love & Miss you Amanda Yoder)
Matt & Tammy Showalter, Abby Yoder

Anonymous said...

To Sam Pratt and all:

Wow, sounds like an amazing trip so far! We are praying that you will be used to show love to the people that you meet and have the opportunity in your conversations to share the hope you have in Jesus. We are praying that your are bold and courageous remembering that the Lord your God is with you! Love you and miss you, Dad and Mom (Larry and Laura Pratt)

Anonymous said...

Craig and DCGO team:

Thoughts and prayers with you all this week! Praying for safety, courage, and strength for each of you, and for soft, open hearts in the ones you'll be ministering to!

Jill Bause

Anonymous said...

Craig (and others who went on NYGO):

Acts 23:11
The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, "TAKE COURAGE! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem (NYGO), so you must also testify in Rome (DCGO)."

Jill Bause

Anonymous said...

Haley Herr,
We are praying for a life changing experience for you this week, that you would feel God's presence and have an awareness of His love and His delight in you. We love you so much, Haley, and know that God has amazing plans for you. We are also praying for your groups safety and a safe return home. See you on Friday.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Craig,
I'm praying God will give you strength for the journey, boldness for witnessing, wisdom for the mission and joy linked to the only Giver of Joy. 'In His presence is fullness of joy' I pray that your feet will be established in paths of righteousness and that our Father will reveal Himself to many in your midst for His glory. May the whole group be captured by His love and mercy and be emboldened to pass it on to others. IN Christ, Judith

Anonymous said...

To Ben Grove and all,
Take comfort and gain strength in this:

"The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

Deuteronomy 31:8

I'm praying for you all this week. Go get 'em!

Anonymous said...

Hudson,
This is that passage I was telling you about.
You Guys are doing a bigger work than any politial ambassador in DC

2 Corinthians 5:20

20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Keep up the great work
We Love You
Joe Hysong

Anonymous said...

Hilary,
I know that God is working great things in you and everyone this week. Keep being strong and bold in Him going out and sharing his love and message with everyone He puts in front of you! God bless and stay safe!
Matt Weirich

Kathy said...

Hello "Faithful Followers",
I'm sure you are seeing that you don't need to go around spouting verses all day, but that your behaviour, activities and kindness to others are speaking volumes. You may even have felt helpless not knowing what to say to someone. As someone going through a tough time, I know that a listening ear or kind gesture means the world. So stay sensitive to the leading of the SPIRIT, you can't go wrong! Jesus said," He who is faithful in what is least, is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least, is unjust also in much." Luke 16:10(little things do matter)
Praying for you- esp my WHS girls-
Kathy Brown

Anonymous said...

Paige Bontrager,
We are so proud of you. God has given you a gift and you are putting it to use. "We grow in Christ because He forms us into a body. Into a group of individuals who are united in their purpose and in their love for one another and for the Lord." We pray for all of you...for your safety...for devine appointments...and for your actions, attitudes, and heart to show those around you Christ's love. Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Corey Ellis:
Where are you and when will you come home to play Game Cube with me? I am praying for you. Tell all the people that Jesus loves them.
Love you, Garrett

Corey,
We all miss having you here. Dad and I trust that the Lord is working in you and through you. You are on our minds and in our hearts and prayers. Much love ~ Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

Heah Kels & Kara, Dad and I are Praying for you two.What a neat opportunity God has blessed you both with.Keep strong in the Lord,for he has you both in His Perfect plan.We miss you two and love you girls very much!! Take care,Sweeties.Love, MOM & DAD.

Chunk said...

Austin Hostetter, Jeremy Stahl, Brandon German, and anyone else who has ever been in a small group of mine,

I'm very proud of what God as been doing in your lives over these past few years. It's very good to see you go on small mission trip like this. Continue to reach out and stay strong, not just in DC but where ever God leads you in the future. You're in my prayers.

In Christ, Chunk.

Anonymous said...

Kylie Yoder,
We are praying that God gives you courage, strength, and words to share his love with others. You are touching many lives with your actions. We are so proud of you!
"Be strong and brave, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, because the Lord God, my God, is with you."
1 Chronicles 28:20
We Love & Miss You, Mom & Dad

Janet Stone said...

Hey Stone - Jake Stone,
I am so happy for you that you are stepping out of your comfort zone and doing what Jesus instructed all of us to do...being a disciple. I'm praying for all of you to be brave and strong in your faith. I miss you and can't wait to hear all the stories. Tell all the NLF kids we love them! Stay safe! Love, Mom & Dad

Keith said...

Hi Ashlee,
Hope you're having a great time. I think it's awesome you want to share God with others. Mom and I are praying for you.

Love Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

To Ben Grove and all:

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."

1 Peter 4:10

I am keeping all of you in my prayers!
(I love you Ben! Hope you're having a blast)

Anonymous said...

Jen Miller-

I'm thinking about you and praying for you every day. I'm so proud of you. Keep touching lives & come home safely. I love and miss you.

Benjamin

Anonymous said...

Craig and DCGO Team:

We are praying for all of you! Remember the following promise found in Ps. 28:7. (The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped. Therefore, my heart greatly rejoiceth, and with my song will I praise him.)

Our love for God shows in our love for others. Praying many souls might come to the Lord as you witness in love.

Rick and JoAnn Helfrich

Anonymous said...

Kaitlin

I pray that you are experiencing God in a new and different way. Let Him use you in ways that you once thought impossible. We are proud of you and love you lots!
Keep on keeping on...use this time to further the Kingdom of God.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Kaitlin Marie,

We hope you are having a great time sharing the Word of God. We have been praying for you!

Love your twin sisters,

Alyssa and Krysta

Anonymous said...

Craig and DCGO Team:

Pray you are having a great day!

It's not in trying but in trusting.
It's not in running but in resting.
It's not in wondering but in praying that we find the strength of the Lord.

Love,
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

Craig,

I admire and am blessed by your desire to grow spiritually and in godliness, and by your willingness and sacrifice to share your faith and God-given gifts with the lost. God will certainly honor your faithfulness to further His kingdom! So blessed to be a part of your life!

Love,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Brock Miller & Gang!
We are all are proud of you!!
Keep shining your light to all you
meet!!
Phillipians 4:13-
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Love to you all!
Cameron, Kari, & Ashley Miller

Anonymous said...

" The Lord IS my strength and my song; he HAS become my VICTORY." Psalm 118:14

We are thanking God everyday for what he is and will be doing through ALL of you...Thank you for sharing JESUS! :)

Anonymous said...

Karissa

As last year I have enjoyed following your journey through the blog. May the Lord continue to bless you and allow your heart and mind to be open to Him during this trip and always.

I'm proud of all of you making this trip and us who are following as it continues to challenge each one of us also.

Love you

Mom, Glen, Bailey & Ryan

p.s. I found the ice cube trays the other day they were on top of the microwave!!! funny huh

Anonymous said...

Karissa,
We are very proud of you, and Hope you are having success spreading the Lords Word to those who need it most. We continue to pray for you and your team as you work to bring others closer to God. Good Luck to all of you on your Mission.
Love,
Dad & Joann

Janet Stone said...

Jake, Antonio, Kevin, Rhys, Brock and Brad,

I’m praying that all you are instrumental in leading others to Christ through your words and works and that this experience strengthens your own walk with the Lord. I’m proud of you all.

Love, Scott

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Miller
We are so happy that you have been given this chance to share God's love with others. We are praying for you daily and hope you are being touched in a great way. We miss you and love you
Mom, Dad, Abby and Aaron

Anonymous said...

Jen Miller
This is your sis i just wanted to say tht i love you and miss you alot. This is the longest we have been apart. Me and ben talk alot. I invited him to go to cedar point with us if we go. I miss you sooooooooooo much. I pray for you every day. Im glad your havin fun tho. I cant wait to see you on Saturday. I love you and i will continue to pray for you.
Abby <3

Anonymous said...

Hey Rhys,
What an experience you must be having! I am praying for you every day. Love, Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen
Your sis again. I forgot to say something yesterday. I just wanted to say tht home isnt the same without you. Well thats all. Keep leading pple to Christ. Love you and miss you.
Abby <3