Tuesday, June 17, 2008

DCGO - Tuesday Ministry





Today the guys served in ministry by working with the students for VBS. The guys really stepped up and loved on these kids. Like the girls did yesterday, several shared a lesson with the girls and helped lead activities from songs to workout drills. Our student fell in love with these kids and the kids fell in love with our students. Watching the interaction was priceless.

The girls went to the home of a woman who was had lost both of her legs. They spent time serving her by helping to clean her home. There were so many things that the girls learned today which had nothing to do with cleaning. They saw Satan at work and spiritual warfare, things to be thankful for and more. I can't do them justice at what they learned. You'll have to hear more from them when they return.

After lunch we went down to Union Station where we talked with homeless, handed out water bottles and asked God to lead us to those He would have us speak with. There were some amazing God moments that took place today and answered prayer.

God is up to something amazing. He's not done yet. We sense God still wants to take our students deeper and break through some more obstacles and chains that are holding them and blocking them from experiencing all God would want them to while here.

Pray that God would remove all that He needs to so that we can see Him clearly. Pray that students would claim the true power of Christ and use it in their lives for His glory. Pray that God would take us deeper and that nothing would block him from doing that.

Until tomorrow . . .

5 comments:

Tammy Showalter said...

Amanda - I am wishing ya'll good luck. I miss you, love your little sister - Abby ~

Janet Stone said...

Hey Morgan, Paige, Kylie, Karissa, Keisha & Kelsey! I hope you guys are having a great time together. I look at this web site several times a day for updates. It sounds amazing! I'm sure you're aware by now that God is right there with you and leading the way. I feel it everytime I read this blog and/or see the pictures. I pray that you'll all continue to hear Him and obey. I miss you guys and can't wait to hear all about it! Stay safe! Love, Janet

sonixgirl77 said...

It shows how there are needs everywhere and how we can impact lives in our own "backyard." I am so excited that you are filling that need in the young generation there who need it most! Keep working hard Brandon, love your Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

ARIELLE,
IT WAS SO TOUCHING TO SEE YOU PRAY WITH THE LADY IN THE PARK. TODAY IN WASHINGTON THEY ARE IN DISTRESS AND TURMOIL ABOUT FUEL RESERVES. PRAY FOR THE CONGRESSMEN, PRAY FOR OUR PRESIDENT. THE UNITED STATES IS WATCHING, AS ALL AROUND US THE ECONOMY IS HURTING, THE MIDWEST IS FLOODING, TELL THE PEOPLE ABOUT JESUS, ARIELLE, TELL THEM ABOUT THE HOPE HE GIVES, THAT HE IS FAITHFUL...SHOW THEM THE HOPE THAT CAN GIVE THEM LIFE AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY. LOVE YOU BABY, MOM *** Let us hold on to the hope we say we have and not be changed. We can trust God that He will do what He promised. Heb.10:23

Anonymous said...

Kelsey & Kara ,Rach & Ashley,The pictures -R- amazing.It's so neat to see how God is directing you girls as you reach out to those around you.And a blessing to see how you get to help out others in need. It makes my heart full of joy.Keep up the great work for Christ.Keep focused on Jesus.(Remember Phil.4:13,I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength).Love you girls,Love Mom