Wednesday, June 4, 2008

REMINDER: DCGO 7 Day "Fast"

WHEN: This Saturday, June 7 through next Friday, June 13

WHAT: Choose one item or activity in your life to "fast" (abstain from) from for 7 days (other than food). As you fast, whenever you think about the item or activity that you've given up for these 7 days, let it be a reminder for you to take time to ask God to make the coming trip an amazing and life-changing experience.

WHY: By fasting you are making a statement to God that you are focused on Him and on what He has for you on this trip. You are actively showing that you desire God more than the item or activity you are fasting from.

Examples: Texting, Instant Messaging, Video Games, T.V., Internet, Cell Phone...etc

NEW: Each team member is expected to leave a comment under this post, sharing with the rest of the team what you have chosen to "fast" from during this week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm fasting from the internet it's quite a time consumer for me so I thought why not fast from that so yeah.
-Sebastian

Anonymous said...

I am fasting from the Piano. I love to play it and spend a ton of time on both my piano and keyboard so I am giving it up for a week.
MMMMM
Berkey

Anonymous said...

im fasting from soda. i drink it all the time... so it actually means something for me to fast from it.
Aaron Schlorke

Anonymous said...

Im fasting from comptergames it is the thing that I need to spend less time in.
VWb (VANWAEYENBERGHE)

AustinHoss said...

Politics- which means no watching the news, no debating, and no blogging.

Anonymous said...

The TV Remote...im not even sure if I know how to work the tv without the remote

Anonymous said...

previous comment made possible by: Ben Grove