So far this week, a lot has been good. The whole idea about influence and how people are watching you all the time is HUGE! Many times we really don't realize that our actions speak louder than our words. Our non-Christian friends and Christian friends are watching to see how we react to things all the time.
Another thing that hit me are the 3laws of acceptance. -Law of Sacrifice -Law Of Empathy - Law of Beginnings
I asked myself some tough questions like, "Would I sacrifice things/life for my friends and family? "Do I accept my friends because they are diffeent than me?" "Am I really active in caring about how my friends are doing, what they are doing?"
One thing that really stuck out me was that we are to do everything the best we can and as if we are doing it directly for the Lord, even the things that we seem to hate or just don’t feel like doing. Through doing things in this way it adds to our influence on people, because our words are being constantly backed by our actions.
The thing that stood out to me the most this week was consistency in our lives. I highlighted the statement on Day 4 "You earn influence...if they see you consistently walking your talk" Our driving motivation to influence our friends should be the mere fact that God has entrusted us, as ambassadors and his followers to administer the 'cure' for life's 3 biggest problems, sin, sorrow and death. Knowing that people are watching is a tremendous responsibility. Deb Ellis
I liked how it talked about our actions tell others about our lives more than our words. Telling people we care, isn't enough, we have to show them. It's all about being authentic!
-day two really hit home for me because it talked about how we should be there for our friends all the time. One of my friends recently got in alot of trouble and she didnt tell me right away because she was scared. I was a little surprised by that, but she thought I would be mad at her for doing things I didnt want her to do. It got me thinking, I had never told her that her actions upset me, because they didn't, I guess I should try harder to be obviously open minded. ~amyj
6 comments:
So far this week, a lot has been good. The whole idea about influence and how people are watching you all the time is HUGE! Many times we really don't realize that our actions speak louder than our words. Our non-Christian friends and Christian friends are watching to see how we react to things all the time.
Another thing that hit me are the 3laws of acceptance.
-Law of Sacrifice
-Law Of Empathy
- Law of Beginnings
I asked myself some tough questions like, "Would I sacrifice things/life for my friends and family? "Do I accept my friends because they are diffeent than me?"
"Am I really active in caring about how my friends are doing, what they are doing?"
Just some thoughts....
One thing that really stuck out me was that we are to do everything the best we can and as if we are doing it directly for the Lord, even the things that we seem to hate or just don’t feel like doing. Through doing things in this way it adds to our influence on people, because our words are being constantly backed by our actions.
previos comment left by jeremy stahl
The thing that stood out to me the most this week was consistency in our lives. I highlighted the statement on Day 4 "You earn influence...if they see you consistently walking your talk" Our driving motivation to influence our friends should be the mere fact that God has entrusted us, as ambassadors and his followers to administer the 'cure' for life's 3 biggest problems, sin, sorrow and death.
Knowing that people are watching is a tremendous responsibility.
Deb Ellis
I liked how it talked about our actions tell others about our lives more than our words. Telling people we care, isn't enough, we have to show them. It's all about being authentic!
Katie Larson
so this comment is late but im leaving it anyway
-day two really hit home for me because it talked about how we should be there for our friends all the time. One of my friends recently got in alot of trouble and she didnt tell me right away because she was scared. I was a little surprised by that, but she thought I would be mad at her for doing things I didnt want her to do. It got me thinking, I had never told her that her actions upset me, because they didn't, I guess I should try harder to be obviously open minded.
~amyj
Post a Comment