So many things caught my attention this week. I especially liked the lesson on Day Five where he talked about reconciliation. The statement, "Your unconditional acceptance is the relational bridge that connects one side to the other and allows reconciliation to occur."
As an ambassador for Christ, we represent all that He is, and He has placed us in a position to develop those relationships with the lost so that we can point them to Him. We are the connecting bridge which means as we love and accept the lost, without judging them, we are paving the way for their reconciliation with Christ.
I liked the analogy of the turtle not wanting to poke his head out until he feels like he is in a safe environment.
I have been guilty of poking and prodding a lost friend in the past instead of just loving and accepting them to give them a chance to trust me. Deb Ellis
A mix of day one and two stuck out for me. If we don't display love to others what kind of influence are we having on others. If we aren't showing love to others we aren't displaying the "best way" to be an influence for christ. And if we don't have love as a motivation when we approch others, they are just going to thing were just another person saying the same things as everyone else and not even listen. Instead we have to show them love with what we say and do, and show them we care before we can try to explain things about God to them.
This week was one I really needed to learn about. I've always thought that loving is a big key to a friendship but I never knew there were specific characteristics. Day three and four really stuck out for me. Day three I learned that there were some characteristics of biblical love that I should really live by. God really threw hope and persevering out at me. I need to remain constant on not only my love for the Lord and my fellow Christians but also for the lost. As for Day Four I realized that it's defiantly hard when my lost friends have inconsistent lifestyles as mine, like with having Christian values and beliefs. Rachel.Ward.
As day five puts it reconciliation is making two conflicting things compatable,the two conflicting things being God and lost people. And our job as christians is to make our lost friends compatable with God. It was just cool because I'd never thought of it that way before. I don't know why this stood out to me but it did. Sam Pratt
This week seemed like it went with everyday things that were happening to me. (Weird? Maybe scary) But it really helped meunderstand what God really had planned for me this week amd to do the right thing... I hope I did. The day four one really helped me understand what to do on Friday. Since it talked about not doing to lost friends what they do to us just to get them back. I usually stop talking to people because they dont talk to me or stufff around that concept. Today(friday) I was thinking about forgetting about one of my lost friends just because I knew he forgot about me... but then I considered how am I going to help him if I take myself out of his life. So I forgot about what I thought I should do and tried to see what would happen of i showed I cared and loved him... I just have to see how it worked out now. That is what God wanted me to do is to forgive him and I am working very hard on this this week! Ashlee:)
I really liked this week. It was just enjoyable to read. But all the stuff about how you should accept your lost friends was pretty obvious to me.(they're your friends-which seems to imply the mutual acceptance factor.) What really hit me was how you should talk to your friends. Im really sarcastic so that was kind of like a punch in the face. So now I will have to try to have more loving speech. -toward everyone-wow. -And I really liked the turtle referece, half because turtles are my favorite animals, and half because it made alot of sense. ~amyj
I liked day two when it was talking about restraining yourself from speaking words that are unwholesome. Thats probably the biggest thing that makes me angry, when so called christians use foul language or rude/obscene humor. I hate it when someone acts like the perfect christian, then when they get mad, its like watching an episode of jerry springer.
Ephesians 4:26: In your anger do not sin, Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.
I have to agree with ashlee that this week was wierd and almost scary. My mom started talking to me about people that I cant stand and why that is and why i refuse to treat them with respect. A definate not friend of mine has been talking crap about me to my face and one day i just snapped and said some things out of line and completly ungodly. i simply reacted and that isnt an excuse, but it is what happened. I find myself purposfully trying to think before i say something or act a certian way to different people. Tim
I think this week was really important because it is soo true. I think we all tend to be judgemental and it's easy to understand why our non-christian friends think we're just hyporcrites. This made a lot of sense to me and helped me realize that I need to stop judging people by their outward appearance and start focusing on their hearts. I also liked what the book said about speaking in love. We can't get people to believe us if we're being condescending or rude.
what stuck out most to me this week was on day five the second question they asked... "What does it mean to you to be Christ's ambassador?" That is such an important question... because how often do we take our role as christians not as seriously as we should. We are suppose to be going out and winning people to Christ and some of us just dont get the importance of that. -I also liked in day 2 how it said that love is the aspect that makes our words "hurtful" or "helpful" we sometimes don't see the hurt that goes on in others lifes and when we say things without love we are posibly turning them farther away from Christ.
This week really made me aware of how i show love, like i shouldnt be easily angered, and how i should show the love of God, not just keep it to myself, I really just want to show everyone the love of God and how powerful it can really be
Day 3 was the biggest day for me this week. I have a really accepting stuff and I judge people pretty harshly. Day 3 reminded me how we're supposed to love unconditionally. 1 Corintheans 13:4-8 pretty much just lays out exactly what it means to love unconditionally so I try to remember that when I judge someone or don't accept them. -Becca Courtney
A big thing that caught my eye this week was the whole idea about who and how we should love.
We are to love our enemies or those that haven't treated us well. As humans, this isn't easy. Our human instinct is that we should treat them just like they treat us. Totally wrong! Jesus treated everyone with love, no matter their cirumstances, what they have done, who they are, how much they have sinned, etc.
This was big this week for me. We need to love as God loves.
I liked in week 8 how it said if we dont disply love to others what kind of love do we have for others. I have never thought about this before but its so true. Amanda Yoder
15 comments:
2 statements from Day Two of this week really exploded off the page at me and have challenged me considerbly...
1. “Listeners deposit every word spoken to them in one of two banks: Hurtful or helpful.
2. "You discount and discredit all that you know about God and his love when you don’t exemplify that love in your words and in your life."
So many things caught my attention this week. I especially liked the lesson on Day Five where he talked about reconciliation. The statement,
"Your unconditional acceptance is the relational bridge that connects one side to the other and allows reconciliation to occur."
As an ambassador for Christ, we represent all that He is, and He has placed us in a position to develop those relationships with the lost so that we can point them to Him.
We are the connecting bridge which means as we love and accept the lost, without judging them, we are paving the way for their reconciliation with Christ.
I liked the analogy of the turtle not wanting to poke his head out until he feels like he is in a safe environment.
I have been guilty of poking and prodding a lost friend in the past instead of just loving and accepting them to give them a chance to trust me.
Deb Ellis
A mix of day one and two stuck out for me. If we don't display love to others what kind of influence are we having on others. If we aren't showing love to others we aren't displaying the "best way" to be an influence for christ. And if we don't have love as a motivation when we approch others, they are just going to thing were just another person saying the same things as everyone else and not even listen. Instead we have to show them love with what we say and do, and show them we care before we can try to explain things about God to them.
-Kara Kaiser
This week was one I really needed to learn about. I've always thought that loving is a big key to a friendship but I never knew there were specific characteristics. Day three and four really stuck out for me. Day three I learned that there were some characteristics of biblical love that I should really live by. God really threw hope and persevering out at me. I need to remain constant on not only my love for the Lord and my fellow Christians but also for the lost. As for Day Four I realized that it's defiantly hard when my lost friends have inconsistent lifestyles as mine, like with having Christian values and beliefs.
Rachel.Ward.
As day five puts it reconciliation is making two conflicting things compatable,the two conflicting things being God and lost people.
And our job as christians is to make our lost friends compatable with God. It was just cool because I'd never thought of it that way before. I don't know why this stood out to me but it did.
Sam Pratt
This week seemed like it went with everyday things that were happening to me. (Weird? Maybe scary) But it really helped meunderstand what God really had planned for me this week amd to do the right thing... I hope I did. The day four one really helped me understand what to do on Friday. Since it talked about not doing to lost friends what they do to us just to get them back. I usually stop talking to people because they dont talk to me or stufff around that concept. Today(friday) I was thinking about forgetting about one of my lost friends just because I knew he forgot about me... but then I considered how am I going to help him if I take myself out of his life. So I forgot about what I thought I should do and tried to see what would happen of i showed I cared and loved him... I just have to see how it worked out now. That is what God wanted me to do is to forgive him and I am working very hard on this this week! Ashlee:)
I really liked this week.
It was just enjoyable to read. But all the stuff about how you should accept your lost friends was pretty obvious to me.(they're your friends-which seems to imply the mutual acceptance factor.)
What really hit me was how you should talk to your friends. Im really sarcastic so that was kind of like a punch in the face. So now I will have to try to have more loving speech. -toward everyone-wow.
-And I really liked the turtle referece, half because turtles are my favorite animals, and half because it made alot of sense.
~amyj
I liked day two when it was talking about restraining yourself from speaking words that are unwholesome. Thats probably the biggest thing that makes me angry, when so called christians use foul language or rude/obscene humor. I hate it when someone acts like the perfect christian, then when they get mad, its like watching an episode of jerry springer.
Ephesians 4:26: In your anger do not sin, Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.
-Ben Grove
I have to agree with ashlee that this week was wierd and almost scary. My mom started talking to me about people that I cant stand and why that is and why i refuse to treat them with respect. A definate not friend of mine has been talking crap about me to my face and one day i just snapped and said some things out of line and completly ungodly. i simply reacted and that isnt an excuse, but it is what happened.
I find myself purposfully trying to think before i say something or act a certian way to different people.
Tim
I think this week was really important because it is soo true. I think we all tend to be judgemental and it's easy to understand why our non-christian friends think we're just hyporcrites. This made a lot of sense to me and helped me realize that I need to stop judging people by their outward appearance and start focusing on their hearts. I also liked what the book said about speaking in love. We can't get people to believe us if we're being condescending or rude.
-Beth
what stuck out most to me this week was on day five the second question they asked... "What does it mean to you to be Christ's ambassador?" That is such an important question... because how often do we take our role as christians not as seriously as we should. We are suppose to be going out and winning people to Christ and some of us just dont get the importance of that.
-I also liked in day 2 how it said that love is the aspect that makes our words "hurtful" or "helpful" we sometimes don't see the hurt that goes on in others lifes and when we say things without love we are posibly turning them farther away from Christ.
-Arielle Walters
This week really made me aware of how i show love, like i shouldnt be easily angered, and how i should show the love of God, not just keep it to myself, I really just want to show everyone the love of God and how powerful it can really be
-kelsey kaiser
Day 3 was the biggest day for me this week. I have a really accepting stuff and I judge people pretty harshly. Day 3 reminded me how we're supposed to love unconditionally. 1 Corintheans 13:4-8 pretty much just lays out exactly what it means to love unconditionally so I try to remember that when I judge someone or don't accept them.
-Becca Courtney
A big thing that caught my eye this week was the whole idea about who and how we should love.
We are to love our enemies or those that haven't treated us well. As humans, this isn't easy. Our human instinct is that we should treat them just like they treat us. Totally wrong! Jesus treated everyone with love, no matter their cirumstances, what they have done, who they are, how much they have sinned, etc.
This was big this week for me. We need to love as God loves.
I liked in week 8 how it said if we dont disply love to others what kind of love do we have for others. I have never thought about this before but its so true.
Amanda Yoder
Post a Comment